This weekend was one of those where a lyric from Bjorkâ€™s old band â€œThe Sugarcubesâ€ was going through my head.Â Whatâ€™s the lyric? â€œLifeâ€™s both sweet and sour.â€Â Â Thatâ€™s the weekend in a nutshell. Â Shortlist of â€œSweet:â€Â
- A very good dinner at A and Noi on Friday.
- Went to the new Harry Potter movie on Saturday.
- Had a marathon viewing of the HBO series â€œBig Love.â€
- J bought me some Woodford bourbon.
- My brother Steve came over for dinner on Sunday.
- ProTools 7.3.1 with and Mbox means I have a home recording studio!
Shortlist of â€œSour:â€Â
- After almost 3 months of open houses and a trickle of potential buyers, weâ€™re still unable to sell our house.Â This is causing a snowballing of emotional lows in our house.
- Workâ€¦real estateâ€¦workâ€¦real estateâ€¦blech!
- Big fight with my daughter last night.
- Feeling unmotivated about life in general.Â
You put all that together and lifeâ€™s not so bad — but sometimes the negative stuff really takes a toll.