Ms. Mamma tagged me to do a film meme (found out that “meme” rhymes with “Theme” so I can’t really say it’s all about “Me Me.”)
Okay, here goes…
1. Popcorn or candy?
Candy! Love Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats, and the occasional Peanut M&Ms
2. Name a movie you’ve been meaning to see forever.
Iâ€™ve never seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
3. You are given the power to recall one Oscar: Who loses theirs and to whom?
James Cameron for Titanic. It should have gone to Atom Egoyan for The Sweet Hereafter
4. Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe. Which will it be?
Neo in The Matrix
5. Your favorite film franchise is…
6. Invite five movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why’d you invite them? What do you feed them?
David Lynch (director of many weird films). I love his movies (not all, but most), and have just been amazed to see what heâ€™s able to get away with. I would serve Cornish game hens.
Woody Allen. Iâ€™ve been a fan of his since I was 7 and saw Play It Again Sam in the theatre with my mom. I couldnâ€™t stop laughing when he was trying to ask a woman out on the dance floor. I would take him to a
French restaurant in San Francisco because I know he eats at restaurants every night.
Sissy Spacek. Loved her in Coal Minerâ€™s Daughter! What to serveâ€¦I suppose since sheâ€™s from the South, weâ€™d have sweet potato pie for dessert.
Jodie Foster. She seems like a person who would love to talk about anything but the film industry. Iâ€™ve read that sheâ€™s quite the political junkie, so I think weâ€™d probably talk about politics for the evening. I make spaghetti and meatballs from the Alice Waterâ€™s cookbook we have. For those who donâ€™t know Alice, she owns this restaurant in Berkeley.
Nicolas Cage. I love the quirkiness he brings to his characters, so Iâ€™d want to talk about why he played the lead in Peggy Sue Got Married like such an idiot while we played XboX games. Food: Pizza and beer.
7. What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the movie theater?
An ejection seat that fighter pilots have.
8. Choose a female bodyguard:
Trinity from The Matrix
9. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever seen in a movie?
Two things: The people eating human flesh in Night of the Living Dead (Hey! I was 8 the first time I saw it). I couldnâ€™t eat meat for about 3 days after seeing that film on TV. The second one was Halloween. I asked my sister if it was based on true events, and she said â€œyesâ€ just to scare me. For a good week, I was convinced that Michael Myers was across the street hiding in my neighborâ€™s bushes.
10. Your favorite genre (excluding comedy and drama) is?
Foreign films and science fiction.
11. You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power?
Stop market-testing films to death. And abolish the rule of â€œThey should leave the theatre smiling.â€
12. Bonnie or Clyde?
I donâ€™t really care, so Iâ€™ll pass on this one.
13: Who are you tagging to answer this survey:
Film music, anyone? Download by clicking HERE
1. “Duel of the Fates” Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
2. “The Floating Fat Man (The Baron)” Dune
3. ” Prologue” Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
4. “James Bond” John Barry & Orchestra Dr. No
5. “Spybreak” Propellerheads The Matrix